COMMUNICATORS: LEADERS WHO MAKE THAT DIFFERENCE
Language and literature are media of communication, and a repository of culture, values and ideas. They are integral to the appreciation, transmission, reasoning and expression of a civilisation’s and society’s ideals and beliefs. They express the Human Condition, comment on Human Experiences, and advance Human Societies.
Overarching Approach and Purpose
Using a diverse range of texts, contexts & performance skills platforms that explore Human Condition themes to develop:
- Fundamentals in Linguistics, Logic and Literature
- Broad Exposure and Experiences
- Deep Exploration of Individual Talent Areas.
To equip and enable our students with the ability to:
- Make sense, construct meaning and effect change in a fast dynamic world.
- Exercise literary sensitivities and inculcate nuanced perspectives.
- To be passionate, articulate and empathetic gentlemen of principles and convictions.
- English Language Arts and English Literature (Secondary 1 and 2).
- English Language O-Level and English Literature Pure/Elective (Secondary 1 and 2)
- Fundamentals leading towards O-Level Excellence and future A-Level GP/Literature:
- Communication Fundamentals (Linguistics, Logic and Persuasion)
- Extensive Thematic Exposure
- Critical and Creative Perspectives
- Literature Exposure
Teaching and Learning Approach
Contextual / Thematic situations MORAL IMAGINATION Language and Literature Representation
O-Level Excellence Packages (Secondary 4)
- General Knowledge Reading Programme (All Levels)
- In Focus Current Affairs – Commentaries, Panel Discussions, Forums. (All Levels)
- Bicultural Festival (All Levels)
- Practitioner’s Insight Projects. E.g. Short Stories Anthologies, Letters to Agencies, Social Advocacy, Film and Media. (Secondary 1, 2 and 3)
- Actors’ Arena (Secondary 1 and 2)
- Public Speaking Stages 1, 2 and 3 (Secondary 1, 2 and 3)
- The Singapore Seminar (Secondary 3)
- United Kingdom Immersion Experience (Secondary 3)