Application for Admission to
Year 3 Integrated Programme in 2023
(For students studying in other schools)
Students presently studying in CHS will be notified via various internal platforms by the HOD/IP and Year Heads: please look out for these briefings at end of Term 3 (2022), and do not refer to this web page.
(SECTION A) Introduction
- Catholic High School (CHS), together with CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School (SNGS), Singapore Chinese Girls’ School (SCGS) and, Eunoia Junior College (EJC) offers the 6-year Joint Integrated Programme.
- Admission to the CHS Integrated Programme (IP) Year 3 for 2023 is now open for application to boys in Secondary 2 in 2022.
- Successful students will spend two years in CHS and the final two years in EJC. Students admitted to the IP will by-pass the GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations and proceed directly to EJC after the two years in CHS.
(SECTION B) Selection Criteria
- Applicants should have:
- Excellent academic results in Secondary 1 and 2;
- Positive dispositions needed to thrive in the IP curriculum (e.g. self-directed and collaborative learner, intellectual curiosity, creative problem solver).
- A strong record of participation, achievement, and service in CCA. Demonstration of leadership qualities and competencies would be an advantage.
- A student who was admitted through DSA to the school that he is currently enrolled in is not eligible to apply for admission into the Year 3 IP in CHS.
- Applicants must also be offering CL or HCL as part of their curriculum in their present schools.
- Applicants must be presently studying in a Singapore mainstream secondary school.
(SECTION C) Application Process
- Application is to be done strictly via the online form.
- Application starts from 1 September 2022 to 30 September 2022, 4.00pm. All applications for Year 3 IP must be made during this period only. Late applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend an interview at CHS after 17 October 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their application via email to the applicant’s email account.
- The following supporting documents are to accompany the application:
- Certified true copies of PSLE results,
- Certified true copies of Secondary 1 (full year) and Secondary 2 (mid-year, and where possible, end-of-year) results,
- Certified true copies of certificates participation, achievement and/or leadership in CCA and VIA; and
- Certificates of achievements in academic or co-curricular areas.
- The school reserves the right to withhold the reasons for non-selection of applicants.
Timeline for the Admission Exercise to Year 3 IP in 2023
|1 September 2022 (Thursday)||Application opens.|
|30 September 2022 (Friday), 4.00pm SGT||Application closes.|
|From 17 October to 27 October 2022
|Shortlisted applicant attends an interview.|
|28 October 2022
|Notification of outcome via email.|
(SECTION D) Instructions for Applying Online
- Please click on the link below for the online form (for students who are presently NOT studying in CHS):
- We only accept applications via our online form, and we do not accept hard copy submissions.
- External applicants (who are not studying in CHS) must note that the deadline of the application is 30 September 2022, 4.00pm. Applications received after the stated date will not be accepted.
(Section E) Important Information
- Catholic High School reserves the right to:
- Withhold information about the number of places that are available and have been / will be offered; and
- Withhold the reasons for non-selection of applicants and the results of the selection interview.
- Our school’s offer for admission to IP Year 3 exercise is conditional upon students’ commitment to a 4-year study in CHS (2 years in Year 3 and 4) and Eunoia Junior College (2 years in JC1 and JC2).
- Students admitted to IP Year 3 exercise will not be allowed to participate in the annual Joint Admission Exercise (JAE) as places have already been reserved for them in EJC. Students admitted to CHS through DSA-Sec Exercise will not be allowed to transfer to another school after their posting to CHS and EJC.
(Section F) Enquiries about IP Year 3
For enquiries regarding CHS IP, please contact us at:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 6458 2177
Please visit our regularly updated FAQ page for our replies to some of the commonly asked questions from prospective students and parents.