Congratulations to our President’s Scout Awardees
Our heartiest congratulations to Ang Chun Teck (Class of 2015), Javan Lim Yao Shuen (Class of 2015) and Laura Elizabeth Cheng Li Ling on been conferred the prestigious President’s Scout Award 2017!
They were presented with their awards on 6 Dec 2017 by President Halimah Yacob at the Istana during the President’s Scout Award and President’s Guide Award Presentation Ceremony.
Chun Teck, Javan and Laura are all exemplary Venture Scouts serving with our Catholic High scout group, and we thank them for their valuable service and guidance of their juniors, and for being role-models to inspire others.
Congratulations, Chun Teck, Javan and Laura!
(Photo above, from right to left: Chun Teck, Javan, Laura)
Catholic High School offers both Integrated Programme & O-Level Programme
Dear P6 Pupils and Parents,
Catholic High School offers both Integrated Programme and O-Level Programme.
We have been incidentally left out in the listing of IP schools in the MOE ECG Resource Kit given out to P6 pupils at this year’s PSLE results release.
A corrected copy of the above MOE ECG Resource Kit is available at:
Please note the above when making your choice of secondary schools.
Click here to learn more about our school, especially if you missed our Open House.
Missed our Open House? Want to learn more about CHS? Looking for FAQs?
Quick Links to Learn More about CHS (Secondary Section)
Catholic High School (secondary section) offers both Integrated Programme and O-Level Programme.
(1) Prospectus about our desired student outcomes, curriculum and programmes
Catholic High School aims to nurture confident leaders with values, bilingual scholars with critical thinking skills, and interesting gentlemen who treasure their brotherhood. We also have close collaborations with our three partner schools to offer our unique Joint Integrated Programme that stretches our students in terms of their global outlook and 21st Century Competencies.
Learn more through the following prospectus:
- CHS’ prospectus
- Joint Integrated Programme prospectus
- Our Science@CHS prospectus (giving information about our extensive science programme)
(2) Overview of our Dual Track Curriculum
Catholic High School offers both the Integrated Programme (IP) and O-Level Programme (OP) to cater to the different aspirations and learning styles of our students.
Click on the following link to learn about the similarities and differences between our IP and OP:
(3) Some of our exciting opportunities for students
We offer a broad spectrum of opportunities for our students to explore their passion and interests, and to transform their gifts into talents.
- Our extensive subject choices in core curriculum
- Talent Development Programmes and MOE Special Programmes
- SAP Flagship Programme
- Passion Pursuit (Elective)
- Passion Pursuit (Independent)
- World Readiness Programme
- Overseas Immersion and Cultural Experience
- Leadership Development
- Co-curricular Activities
(4) Learn about our student outcomes (for academic and CCAs)
Our students have done well in many areas to exemplify our ethos of continuous innovation and culture of excellence.
(5) A pictorial tour of CHS Secondary Section
Click on the following link to learn more about our conducive environment for students to immerse in a bilingual culture that supports their learning and development:
(6) Frequently Asked Questions (from prospective students and parents)
Click on the following link to read some of the FAQs posed to us by prospective parents and students:
Some of the questions posed by parents/students are:
- Are students in OP and IP given the same opportunities, e.g. for talent development, participation in Olympiad etc.?
- How does the MOE school allocation work? By choices or by merit of T-score?
- What are the start-time for regular school days? What is the cohort intake?
- Do I / does my son need to attend religious programmes?
- What is the Cut-Off-Point (COP) for your O-Level and IP tracks?
- Can a student transfer from the O-Level to the IP track? Vice versa?
- What is the promotion criteria for IP, including High Chinese, for Year 1 to 4 within CHS?
- Can I offer / don’t offer Higher Chinese (HCL) if I am in the OP / IP?
- … and more.
(7) Write to us with your questions
You can write to us @ email@example.com or call us at our General Offices (on weekdays between 8am – 4pm) on:
- 6458 9869 (Primary section, for matters such as P1 registration, primary school transfer etc.)
- 6458 2177 (Secondary section, for matters such as Level 1 admission, DSA etc.)
Our two sections have separate General Office, so please approach the relevant GO for your query.
(8) Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/my.gongjiao)
(9) Videos about CHS
We were featured in the 2017 Channel 8 TV documentary “Tuesday Report : When the Bell Rings 星期二特写 : 钟声响起时 – EP6: Catholic High School 双轨火车“. Watch it to learn more about our strong heritage and rich culture:
Watch the following video to “Catholic High – Our Home 公教吾家”, to hear from our students and teachers on how we are one family who live and learn together:
CHS Open House 18 Nov
Our end-of-year Open House (Information Day) will be held on 18 Nov 2017, from 8.30am to 12.30pm. This second Open House of the year is targeted at prospective students and parents, for them to visit us before the release of the PSLE results and learn more about our model of education and what we offer our students in terms of learning and development opportunities.
Click here for more information.
Congratulations to Mr Tan Ping Hock, finalist for President’s Award for Teachers 2017
We celebrate with our Senior Teacher, Mr Tan Ping Hock, who is a finalist for the prestigious President’s Award for Teachers 2017! He joined other teachers at the Istana on 25 August 2017 for a reception hosted by our President Dr Tony Tan.
Joining Mr Tan (leftmost in photo below) in celebration at the Istana were other members of the Catholic High family: our 2016 winner of the President’s Award for Teachers, Mrs Michele Lau (2nd from left), and our teachers Mrs Vijay (primary section) and Mr Bernard Han (secondary section).
Congratulations, Mr Tan!