Developing Resilient and Rugged Leaders
The Physical Education & Co-curricular Activities in CHS aims to deliver a thinking and differentiated curriculum with innovative student-centric and values-driven programmes that promote psychomotor, cognitive and affective development of Catholic High Gentlemen. The end in mind is to develop holistic health amongst students through promotion of a healthy lifestyle in Physical Education and Co-curricular Activities, and groom 21st century CHS leaders with a robust character and a passion to serve.
“PE lessons are something that everyone in my class looks forward to! I have learned to play well in more sports than I could ever imagine. For example, we had the Softball and Floorball modules in Level 1, and the Basketball and Football modules in Level 2. I am excited to learn that we will be picking up Frisbee and Handball when we are in the upper levels!” – Shipley Owen Tyan (Year 2/2018)
“Although OBS was tough, it should be made compulsory for future generations, such that they will learn independence and ruggedness from the wilderness.” – Teo Yee Shuen (Year 4/2018)
The CCA Programme in Catholic High School provides students with a platform to discover their interests and talents. Students progressively develop CCA-specific knowledge, skills, values and attitudes through sustained participation. CCA also offer excellent platforms for students to learn core values, social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies. All CCA emphasise social interaction by providing a common space for friendships and social integration amongst students of diverse backgrounds. Through CCA, students develop a sense of identity and belonging to the school. Schools enable all students to have active and meaningful CCA participation when they provide a balanced, inclusive and diverse CCA programme which caters to a broad spectrum of interests and talents.
(1) Performing Arts instil in students a sense of graciousness and an appreciation for the rich culture and heritage of our multi-racial society. We offer 6 Performing Arts CCA, and all have achieved credible results at the Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentations
Our 6 Performing Arts CCA are:
- Chinese Drama
- Chinese Orchestra
- Edward Becheras Choir
- English Drama
- Modern Dance
- Symphony Band
(2) Physical Sports develop discipline, robustness, fair play and team spirit in students. We offer 7 Physical Sports CCA, and all have achieved successes at the National School Games.
Our 7 Physical Sports CCA are:
- Table Tennis
- Track & Field (including Cross-country)
(3) Uniformed Groups aim to nurture students as good citizens of the world, by inculcating self-reliance, resilience, discipline and a spirit of service to others. We offer 5 Uniformed Groups CCA, and they have been attaining the highest of Awards for consecutive years.
Our 5 Uniformed Groups CCAs are:
- NCC Air
- NCC Land
- St John Brigade
(4) Club & Societies allows students to explore and extend their interests in wide-ranging and specialised areas which may be knowledge-based or skills-based. Students are honed in organisation, information, communication and technical skills as they strive to grow their mastery of the specialised areas.
Our Clubs and Societies CCA is:
- i.O.N. (iMedia, Oculus & Nucleii)
The PE programme in Catholic High School aims to enable our students to demonstrate individually and with others the physical skills, practices, and values to enjoy a lifetime of active, healthy living. Our students participate in a variety of physical activities to acquire a range of motor skills, understand and apply movement concepts, principles and strategies. They also demonstrate safe practices during physical and daily activities with respect to themselves, others and the environment. They display positive personal and social behaviour across different experiences, acquire and maintain health-enhancing fitness through regular participation in physical activities to enjoy and value the benefits of living a physically active and healthy life.
These are some of the PE programmes we offer to students in IP and OP:
|PE Curriculum for IP and OP
(Below: Student on high-elements at our ODLC)